Ever think your reality is a little dull? It would take 700 hours of heavily edited footage to produce a 1 hour reality show on my life. Even then, I am not sure it would be interesting enough to keep most people from changing the channel. My life, like many others, doesn’t usually have enough highs or lows to amount to cables idea of good t.v. Why then, do I blog on everyday occurrences? Here is why:
- They challenge me to take my thoughts captive. Sometimes my thoughts run wild and can become a dangerous playground for lies. Blogging is an exercise of taking those thoughts captive and asking God to expose lies and teach truth.
- They enable me to share the power of scripture. I see biblical principles in mundane things and I share truth thru them. I like to tell stories. The stories alone are powerless, they are just me having fun and being who God made me, the power is in the purpose behind each story. The heart of every post is just this: I love God’s word, it’s powerful, and it speaks to me. When God speaks, I listen. Then sometimes I blog.
- They invite. You and I might never get a chance to sit down and share our hearts over tea. With this blog, and the stories shared, I’m inviting you to listen and engage in an ongoing conversation I have with the Lord. Why would you want to? You might not… but since you’ve read this far, I will say this: I feel called by God to extend the invitation, it’s really up to Him who actually comes. There are a lot of lies floating around on the web, I’d like to be a part of adding a little Truth. If you’d like to partner with me, you can by sharing this blog with friends, leaving comments, or sharing your own story in an e-mail.
- Challenge you in a weak area
- Enable you to share the gospel and the power of Scripture
- Invite others into the conversation (ie discipleship)